Junior Knights Band
Students in grades 5-8 are welcome!
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN!
Click here to go to the registration page.
Click here for our current brochure.
The Junior Knights Band Program (JKB) exists to provide opportunities for students in grades 5-8 to develop instrumental music skills and guide them in playing music for their Savior.
AT A GLANCE...
- Weekly Private Lessons - 20 minute lessons at student's school
- Instruments We Teach - Flute, Clarinet, *Oboe, *Basoon, Saxophone, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, **Percussion (*oboe and bassoon require one previous year of band instruction on a woodwind instrument; **percussion requires two previous years of piano instruction)
- Sabre Band - (Beginner Band) All first-year band members are part of this large ensemble that meets at Luther High School
- Lancer Band - All second through fourth-year players are part of this large ensemble that meets at Luther High School
- Concerts - Students put their practice on display at concerts at the end of each group band session
- Individual & Small Ensemble Opportunities - Students in grades 7-8 may participate in the regional Solo and Ensemble Festival. JKB students also perform solos or small ensembles for the Spring Science and Fine Arts Fair.
- Select Honors Groups - Students in grades 7-8 may be nominated for the annual WELS Middle School Honor Band. (Final selection is made by the Honors Band Committee)